Monday, January 7, 2013

Get Hands-On with DB2 Automation Tool in Texas

First, my apologies for having let so much time go by since last posting to this blog. The fourth quarter of 2012 was a very busy time for me. The pace is a little less frenetic now, and I should be able to resume blogging here on a fairly regular basis (I hope to post an entry here within the next couple of days on a new and very cool tool that can be a big help in the area of DB2 for z/OS application testing).

Second, for those of you in the GREAT state of Texas (where I was born and raised), and particularly for people in the heart of The Lone Star State, I want to make you aware of an opportunity to get some hands-on time with the DB2 Automation Tool for z/OS (about which I blogged last year). IBM has partnered with the Heart of Texas DB2 Users Group (aka HOTDUG -- one of my favorite regional DB2 user group acronyms) to provide a free half-day of DB2 Automation Tool education and training. Show up, and you'll not only get the expected overview presentation -- you'll also get a demonstration on how to use the tool to set up profiles that can drive automated and intelligent DB2 for z/OS utility execution. AND you'll get to participate in a hands-on lab that will give you the opportunity to put the DB2 Automation Tool through its paces. AND you'll get breakfast and lunch. Sounds like a half-day well spent, to me.

You can RSVP for this event (appreciated, for food planning purposes, but not required for attendance) by sending an e-mail to my colleague Bill Houston (houstonb@us.ibm.com).

More information:

Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Time: 9 AM to 12:00 PM

Location:
     IBM Executive Briefing Center
     Rio Grande Room (Building 904)
     11501 Burnet Road
     Austin, Texas  78758

Check it out. Get some food. Get some knowledge. Get your hands on a keyboard. 

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

    ReplyDelete